Friday, May 30, 2008

Westward ho!

We survived the twisters so far, tho a tornado watch was called yesterday for the area where we remain today, i.e. Sidney, Nebraska. Tomorrow we continue our journey west on I80. Two more days and we leave Tornado Alley during this record breaking season of funnel storms.

Then north to the Grand Tetons and Yellowstone National Parks, where we will once again camp without benefit of utilities. We just picked up a Blue Boy septic tank , yet another step in our dry camping technology.





See how easy it is! (Doesn't Jenna look good since she retired?)
.
.
.
.

More good stuff (camping) for sure.


Bruce

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are making good your escape! Trust your slideout roofs are looking good. Let us know how the Blue Boy works- based on what I've read in reviews by others, I'd decided to take a pass on them, so I'll be interested in your evaluation. Of course I guess no matter what, it beats doing it bucket by bucket!

Barb said...

So you got yourself a 'turd hearst'. A must have if you plan to do much boondocking. What size did you get? You never mentioned anything about the roof repair. Did they do a good job?

Barb and Steve

Anonymous said...

Hey Bruce,Jenna&Denby - wow a lot has happened since the last time I read your blog in April! So glad you missed the twisters in Nebraska - I heard that the high winds derailed 50 railcars near Kearney NB - that's a lot of wind! I thought to myself - wow am I glad no one I know is in Nebraska - wrong, wrong, wrong...
Steve & I are in Michigan visiting daughter,son-in-law and grandchildren & exploring a wee bit. Sorry to read about your latest trailer repair necessity - #@%# - rats! However, it is an excellent 'opportunity' to travel & explore. what is your dream time of arrival nowadays (DTA, rather than ETA)?????
Sent you an email tonight before I went to the blog, a little backwards. sigh .....
Send email when you get a chance.

Leslie & Stevie