Sunday, November 8, 2009

Too Sick For a Life. Clancy's Turn

We both been sick with a cold virus for a week now. Stuck in the RV with nothing to write about, unless you want to hear about our double pane windows.

Should mention tho that Jenna received a clean bill of health from her six month lymphoma scan. One less thing to worry about.

The literary show must go on. So another Ballad for Clancy, to a familiar tune.

How Much Is that Doggie in the RV?
How much is that doggie in the RV?
How much is that doggie today?
How much is that doggie in the RV?
And why would you sell him away?

He chews on my coats all thru the Winter,
He chews on my sandals in Fall,
He chews on my shirts thruout the Summer,
He chews on my shoes in the hall.

He barks at a noise come through the window,
He hears dogs even way down the road,
He whines to go outside every hour,
Then plays with the plastic lawn toad.

You say he chews up all your clothing,
And eats tissues all through the day,
He looks so cute now when he's sleeping,
I don't believe half what you say.

Ooo, he woke up because we're talking 'bout him,
He's jumping and leaping for joy,
He's grabbed my purse and run 'neath the table,
And chewed it up like a plush toy.

How much is that doggie in the RV?
How much is that doggie today?
I see why that doggie's in the RV.
Good luck even giving him away.

Based on a true story.

Bruce

3 comments:

Gypsy said...

Jenna, I'm happy to hear you have gotten a clean bill of health.

Erika Cubba said...

I am also glad to hear about Jenna. Oh my gosh your a song writer too. Pretty cute. Are there any residuals involved? Of course it has to be published first. We might not get to see you. We don't get there until first week of January. We will keep in touch.

Anonymous said...

So is it a Ballad, or a Eulogy??!! Perhaps playing hood ornament on the truck for a long day will take some of the spunk out of the punk. Surely you can tell I am just jesting, eh?...right?
Jenna -- so glad about your results -- makes my fun meter really spin. In the dark and dreary drudgery of your previous homeland -- your news is a huge ray of sunshine!! Keep up the good work!

R&S