Sunday, May 23, 2010

Song for our Latest Troubles

With more apologies to Janis J and Bobby McG

Busted down in Eugene town, waitin' for a part,
Slideout done slid out a bit too much.
Ain't the first time it stayed out, moved out but didn't move in,
Least it didn't hit a transit bus.

Awning hit the bus instead, moved out all on its own,
Surprise, surprise, surprise, it was to me.
Hit the bus so hard stuck in the back and wouldn't come out,
No more awning, no more shade, you see.
Don't ride in Eugene bus without AC.

Black tank gotta have a say, some dirty words for sure,
Poopy, poopy, poopy said to me.
Leaking out the top I see and smell it, that's for sure,
Ain't heaven sent the scent it sent to me.

Musta been bad stuff from former life I guess I lived,
Hoped I've worked off all of it by now.
Karma, karma, karma said the Buddha in his time.
All this grief is coming back to me,
Shoulda happened instead to Bobby McGee.


Bruce

No comments: