Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Clancy

Clancy, our cute Australian Terrier, is two years old today.

Here he is on day one.
And today, a mench at last.
It was touch and go for a while there.  First year was hell, you betcha.  Since then, he has shown steady improvement to the dog he is today.

And so, in his honor, a new song for Clancy!

Inspiration comes from Ricky Nelson, Travelin' Man

I'm a travelin' dog,
And I've dropped a lot of poop on most of the states.
And in every park I try to wizz and bark,
Plus I'm always lookin' for steaks.

Chorus
Oh my sweet Dachshund down in Berlin town,
Makes my tail start to yearn,
And my little Shih Tzu makes me want to poo,
Then she'll take her turn.

I've a pretty Hairless Dog just awaitin' for me,
Down in old Mexico,
But there's too many fish swimming in the sea,
And I don't like those refried tacos.

Chorus
Oh my sweet Shepherd down in Germantown,
Makes me think of my food,
And my Pekingese makes me want to sneeze,
And think thoughts so crude.

Pretty Irish Terrier from yon over the sea,
I remember July,
When we romped in the woods and did all that we could,
Then I turned around and bid you goodbye.

Chorus
Oh my Pappillon down in gay Paree,
Makes me feel so all aglow,
She just shows her rump and gives it a bump,
And I want to go.


Pretty Westie Terrier from down over next door,
I remember the night,
When we wizzed on a log and I called you my dog,
Then I turned around and gave you a bite.

 
Chorus
Oh, I'm a travelin' dog.
Yes, I'm a travelin' dog.
Bark bark bark bark bark bark
Grrr grrr grrr whine whine whine whine.


Give him a cookie!

Bruce

2 comments:

palamine said...

Wonderful Bruce. Very talented. Happy Birthday from Parker the non-woofing mixed mutt with one ear up and one ear down.

Sandy & Steve said...

Great song...Happy Birthday to Clancy from his Papillon friend Yoda. See you in a few months.