Saturday, April 30, 2011

On the Road Again

We've worked the last few days preparing to spend five months on the road.  Worked ourselves so hard that we have delayed our departure one day. 

No need to hurry.  And this is the nicest time of the year at Park Sierra.  Fragrant lilacs, blooming flowers.  Called the Yellow Season, because of all the pollen in the air.  Aaachoo!

Black tank repair worked out well.  Two 6 hour days crawling around on our backs with drills and screwdrivers and staple guns.  Appears successful.  We will test the work shortly.

In honor of our trip, a song [of course]. 

To the tune of "Born to be Wild."

Get that big rig runnin',
Head out to the campground,
Looking for a good spot,
Better get out of my way.

[Chorus],
I want me that 50 amp service,
Sure need me some wifi near,
A pool and a sauna for sure,
Plus good food and beer.

I like all the birdies,
See my cat ahunting,
Let my dog out on the beach,
Pooping where he wants to go.

[Chorus]
I want me that water and sewer,
And always cell service see,
A long pull thru that's for real sure,
And I want it for free.

I like smoking turkeys,
Build a great big fire,
Leave it burning when I go,
Do what I desire.

[Chorus]
Run my truck up and down the whole beach,
Like a big NASCAR race,
Fire all of my guns in the woods,
Get in everyone's face.

I'm a true nature's child,
I was born, born to be wild,
I sure live so high,
Never want to cry.


Not Bruce

1 comment:

palamine said...

Just letting you know we are still here. Will email soon. Miss ya.