Saturday, December 26, 2009

Clancy's Freedom Song








My hairless ape captors are holding me here, naked and shivering in the cold all the time.   While they wear many layers of clothing all over and sit on chairs!

Don't they understand the needs of an Australian Terrier?  I'm a political prisoner, held here for my Down Under beliefs.

Fellow Australians!  Strike out!!  To the barricades!!!  Sing out in unison!!!!


[To the tune of America the Beautiful]

Australia the beautiful,
Is warmer than right here.
They keep me on this cold cold floor,
And will not serve me beer.

Australia the warm warm place,
Has heat vents everywhere.
With blazing fires to lie before,
And jackets lined with hair.


Send coats and blankets!  And some imported New Zealand beer!!

Oh beautiful Australia,
Has warm sun all day thru,
No, wait, that's really Alaska,
No fires in igloos.

To tell the truth,
Was really born,
Right near west Idaho,
Have never seen a kangaroo,
Except on TV shows.

Oh beautiful Australia,
I feel you in my genes,
But I'm stuck here in this RV,
Australia's in my dreams.

America, America,
I guess I'll have to stay,
These hairless apes won't send me there,
The airfare they won't pay.

And I'm not a working dog.

Clancy

3 comments:

Tom and Donna Clapham said...

Your pup is almost a big a wuss as you are!!! =o) Just funnin' Those are cute pix. He gettin' so big! Have you considered therapy? No, not you....the dog!! rockin'

robert lovitt said...

if clancy learns to play folk guitar while singing plaintively he might start an entire movement towards canine liberation...

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!