Monday, July 6, 2009

Second Guessing

Today we drove to Portland for a second opinion on my lung condition. Funny, it sounded like the first opinion, which ain't too bad considering.

Rather than a stab in the chest for a sample of my innards, perhaps followed by another and another, with increasing impact on my vitality, we opted for a CAT scan in another five weeks to measure change in size of the two questionable nodes.

Old Chinese saying, "Trust in cats rather than scalpels."

Ronald Reagan, "Trust cats, but verify."

I still believe the suspicious findings come from my recent valley fever lung infection. But, "An RVer who treats himself has a fool for a patient." [No comments!]

Tune in mid-August for the next exciting chapter of, "As the Lung Turns."

And thanks to all who sent get well wishes. Don't forget the money envelopes! Haven't seen them since my Bar Mitzvah.

No comments: